Monday, August 04, 2008

West Edmonton Mall

Wow! How else do you describe a mall with more than 800 stores, two hotels and the world's largest indoor waterpark. Oh, there's also a to-scale model of Christopher Columbus's Santa Maria ship, miniature golf and an ice hockey rink.

I made two visits to the mall. I'm not much of a shopper, so I got bored pretty quickly on my second visit. But for a shopper, this place has it all. Lots of clothing and shoe stores and everything else you typically find in a mall.

If I were to return, I would recommend staying at one of the hotels attached to the mall. You could literally spend every moment in the mall. Eat at one of the restaurants or food court (yes, there is a Tim Horton's here), and then play all day.

The waterpark would be my first stop. Covering 6,000 square feet, it has 12 slides for all levels of adventure - from beginner to extreme. There's a large wave pool, kids play area, hot tubs and more.

There's also Galaxyland amusement park. There are 26 rides for all ages, including a triple-loop roller coaster.

Don't forget - the sea lions perform daily at 2 and 4 p.m.

Shopping? Who has time to shop?

No comments: