Friday, June 19, 2009

My first really bad hotel experience

For the last five years, I've spent about 50 nights per year in hotel rooms. Up to this point, I haven't had any truly bad experiences. That changed tonight.

After returning to the hotel from dinner, I was going to relax on the bed to watch some TV and work on the computer. As I pulled back the covers, I noticed a large yellow-brown stain on the sheet - probably some spilled coffee.

I was taken aback for a second, but thought it could be an old stain - still not a pleasant thought, but better than a fresh stain. Then I looked closer and saw dozens of tiny hairs on the sheets. They looked like dog hairs. Now, I was really grossed out.

I called the front desk - of course they don't have any housekeepers on duty in the early evening. The front desk lady eventually came up herself with a new set of sheets and pillow cases - no extra comforters though.

I feel a bit better, but still not completely at home. I hope I don't have this happen again.

No comments: